Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Art tiem

So I figure I should mention that this is a blog mostly about my crafts and art tiems. I will try to incorporate them into Lolita as often as possible, but sometimes that just can't happen. :)

So anyway, I purchased the 3DS a couple days ago, and it is phenomenal. Everything is in 3d, and you don't even need glasses to see it!! It's really mind blowing. The games that come on the 3DS are really fun too. I've been showing a lot of people and they have all been having a great time playing them. the one thing that sucks about the 3DS is that the 3d-ness gets all wonky when you view it from different angles. So if someone is looking over your shoulder while you play, it is very blurry to watch. But it is new technology, so I don't expect them to get it 100% perfectly right! The 3DS comes with "AR cards," which I think stand for "Augmented Reality." Basically, you put the card down on the table, and the ds reads it and then makes games appear in your "reality" on the screen! It's pretty neat. But in order to play, you always need to bring your cards along, which leads me to the main reason I'm making this post today!

I needed a pouch to carry around my 3ds, especially since I had to carry around the cards and such. Instead of buying one, I figured I'd make one! So this is what I made:


Isn't it adorable? It's slightly influenced by dolly-kei/mori girl. :) The animal that is on the front is a sugar glider. I have two of them! :D 
This is what the inside looks like:



I made a pocket in the back for the AR cards, and then my DS slips in snuggly in front of it. The pockets on the flap are for extra games that I might want to carry around. They are upside-down on purpose! When the flap closes, I wanted the games to face up, just so they don't fall out. I'd rather them slip out into the pouch when I open it, instead of them falling out in my bag or something! Besides, the games actually are very snug in there, and I'm 95% sure they wouldn't slip out unless someone purposely took them out! 

I've gotten a lot of compliments on this, so I figured I would make more! Here is a sneak peek on the one I just finished last night, and I will be selling it on my Etsy very soon! Keep an eye out! I'll post about it more tomorrow. :D 


Anyway, that's it for now! 

Ta~ta~

No comments:

Post a Comment