Saturday, April 23, 2011

more character sketches and ideas


Herro~


I got my yellow Bodyline carousel skirt in the mail a couple days ago, and it's so freaking cute! I like sweet lolita, but not on me... but this skirt called out to me! I think I'm slowly becoming a sweet lolita. *sob*
here were my nails~!



I've been doodling a whole bunch of these characters so much lately! I can't get the comic out of my head. While I'm at work, I think about it, while I'm at school, I think about it, and when I'm home, I talk to Aly about it!
It makes me excited though, because I always get comic ideas but I never really have the motivation to actually do them. I love working with Aly because I can bounce ideas off of her and she's also a way better writer than I am ahaha. :D

We make a great team! It feels amazing to actually be super inspired again and draw a lot. I had a terrible terrible artist dry spell for like a good year and a half. I couldn't draw anything!
It just feels so nice to be able to sit down and let my characters flow from my pencil again.

I really really do love character design, and this comic totally pushes me into animation even more so. I just got accepted to SCAD- and they have a great animation program! I'm so excited! (and also nervous~~!)

Anyway, onto the character sketches. I'm not going to reveal a lot about these characters, even though some of them are pretty fleshed out in my head already.

Once we actually get started on the comic, I'll be telling you more about the characters. I just don't want to spoil anything!!


This is the first initial sketch of Shorty (the girl), and she's a gang leader. I've made some alterations to her outfit now. I'm thinking of giving her a BTSSB dress or an AP dress. I just can't decide on the print yet!
She also speaks in a kick-ass old new york accent... kinda like the accents from the 1920's. :D

anatomy is kinda off, but they are just sketches so no1curr.

girl character heads some girls in the gang possibly. Which heads do you like the best? Also, don't mind the guy with the fetus growing off his head. that was just kinda a derp moment LOL.

another girl, and a couple guys for a guy gang. For some reason I made them all looking in one direction. except the guy in the bandana. cause he's a ~rebel.

I also have a gothic lolita in here too. I really like her facial structure ahah. It's fun to draw. She'll look more beat up in the comic. These are all just preliminary sketches of each character.

I also need to illustrate Blue's hawk/falcon... and some other things such as weaponry and vehicles!

Also, In my next update, I'll show you all the deco'd 3ds case I made! It's sweets inspired! complete with ice cream, biscuits and whipped cream. Yum~!

1 comment:

  1. you're so freakin' adorable. i have to feature one of your outfits on my blog. I'm so in love with your style.
    xoxo lillie
    www.bombsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete